TREE WALK

A few weeks ago I took a walk in a( new to me) part of Durand Park. I found many visual delights and found images of tree spirits, and photographed many. I am in the process of painting one of these images for an up coming show. I will down load some of my photos.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

BLOW HOLES



My dog Fern and I walked the beach Saturday afternoon. There was no wind and temps were mild for mid January. I photographed blow holes......ice formations that start as small ice chunks slowed by the cold. They fuse to the shoreline and build with each wave. A small hole is created very naturally with the forces of nature. they are volcanic, pleasant roundish shapes, but when they begin to melt unusual forms begin to appear.
Fern made lovely smooth ripples in some creek water that runs into the lake....I was able to catch trees reflecting in the interrupted water which I will post later.
As severe as winter can be, there are stunningly beautiful images every where.......peace, ZZ

1 comment:

  1. How cool! I don't think I've ever saw these before. Looking forward to seeing you this afternoon. Lisa will also be joining us. yeah!

    ReplyDelete

TREE SPIRIT IN PROGRESS

TREE SPIRIT IN PROGRESS